Dow Pharma Solutions
Health by Design
A global Leader
Dow Pharma Solutions is a leader in global research, manufacturing and innovation of functional excipients as well as API’s for laxatives and colonic lavage, for hyperkalemia and hypercholesterolemia solutions. Our excipients are designed to help address your delivery challenges in a multitude of dosage forms. Whether you are creating modified release medicines, looking for efficient tablet coating or taste masking, seeking to enhance the solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients for therapeutic effect or simply preventing abuse, we can take you there.
Regulatory Expertise at Your Service
Thanks to decades of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, Dow Pharma Solutions has a demonstrated track record in working with customers to successfully develop and formulate approved systems. Our product stewardship, quality and regulatory specialists across the globe work closely with internal and external stakeholders to address the challenges of our customers.
Your Proactive QbD Partner
With vast knowledge and experience in manufacturing, Dow Pharma & Food Solutions is the premier polymer partner for QbD initiatives supporting formulation and scale-up activities to help lead to more robust drug formulations.
Knowledge Sharing through Dow HbD Academy
At Dow Pharma Solutions, we are convinced that knowledge sharing drives innovation and generates ingenious solutions. Through the Health-by-Design Academy, we will provide customers with access to the expertise needed to optimize their formulations as well as the latest market innovations and solutions.
Learn more about our solutions.
AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME for Hot Melt Extrusion
Hypromellose (HPMC) is an excellent, water-soluble polymer for the formation of solid dispersions with active pharmaceutical Ingredients that can help maintain stable solid dispersions and inhibit API crystallization in solution promoting supersaturation of the drug. Now with thermal processing utility, AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME offers new HME process flexibility in choosing a polymer viscosity for optimization of both solubility enhancement and drug release profiles. The polymer’s added organosolubility further creates advantages for employing HPMC in solvent spray drying applications. These combined properties make AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME an excellent choice for formulating poorly soluble drugs such as Biopharmaceutical Classification System (BCS) Class II and Class IV compounds. For more information and literature, visit
AAPS 2017 Posters
Dow Pharma Solutions demonstrated its commitment to advancing the pharmaceutical sciences by exhibiting research findings in a range of posters at the 2017 AAPS show in San Diego, CA.
· Evaluation of AFFINISOL™ HPMCAS HP Polymers in Hot Melt Extrusion Applications
· Impact of non-binder ingredients and molecular weight of polymer binders on heat assisted twin-screw dry granulation
· Metformin: A Competitive Analysis using Biorelevant Dissolution, FloVitro™ Technology
· Versatility Study of FloVitro™ Technology: Biorelevant Dissolution for Pharmaceutical Development
· Statistical Evaluation of Modeling Approaches of Drug Release Profiles for HPMC Matrix Tablets
· Direct Compression of HPMC Matrix Tablets Containing Metformin HCl Materials with Different Particle Size Distributions
· Evaluation of Particle Morphology and Concentration of Acetaminophen, a Poorly Compactable Drug, in a Direct Compression Matrix Tablet Formulation
· Flowability Evaluation of Formulations Involving METHOCEL™
· Formulation Design Utilizing API and Excipient Polymer Properties to Predict Tablet Dissolution Performance
· Tablet Compression Optimization and Excipient Polymer Design for High-Productivity Mini-Tab Production
· The Role of HPMC Morphology in Transitioning from Wet Granulation to Direct Compression
· Mechanical Properties of Polyethylene Oxide for use in Abuse Deterrence Formulations
For more information, visit www.dowpharmasolutions.com