Merck – A Leader in Life Science
Our broad range of formulation products covers excipients for solid, semi-solid and liquid dosage forms for small and large molecules. Additionally, we offer a portfolio of drug delivery compounds (DDCs), as well as solutions for solubility enhancement and controlled release. Benefit from our application know-how and comprehensive global support.
- Ease your formulation efforts by choosing from a comprehensive portfolio of more than 400 raw materials backed-up with our Emprove® program
- Alleviate controlled release and solubility challenges with our portfolio of functional excipients
- Mitigate your risks thanks to our regulatory expertise, application know-how as well as our global and comprehensive support
Merck – A Leader in Life Science
Our purpose is to solve the toughest problems in life science by collaborating with the global scientific community – and through that, we aim to accelerate access to better health for people everywhere.
We provide scientists and engineers with best-in-class lab materials, technologies and services. With our broad portfolio of 300,000 products and our expanded global footprint, we are dedicated to making research, biotech and pharma production simpler, faster and safer.
Find more information about Merck at www.merckgroup.com
Merck - Millipore Sigma
Parteck® Excipient Range for Solid Formulation
With formulation challenges in mind, we have used particle engineering technologies to develop functional excipients specifically for solid oral dosage forms. The products in our Parteck® portfolio feature unique particle properties tailored for excellent performance in tableting processes, for specific drug delivery technologies, or for solubility enhancement.
Functional excipients for different tableting technologies that achieve high tablet hardness at a low compression force, as well as short disintegration time, and tailored API dosages thanks to the unique particle surface
- Parteck® CCS: superdisintegrant for solid formulations
- Parteck® COAT: particle engineered polyvinyl alcohol providing rapid preparation times and full flexibility in film coating applications
- Parteck® Delta M: convertible mannitol specifically designed for wet granulation
- Parteck® M: directly compressible mannitol, combining stability and rapid disintegration
- Parteck® MXP: matrix polymer for solubility enhancement approaches via hot-melt extrusion
- Parteck® LUB: range of vegetable-origin stearates for reliable lubrication
- Parteck® SI: directly compressible sorbitol, combining excellent flowability and great mouthfeel
- Parteck® SLC: silica drug carrier for particle homogenization and polymorph stabilization
Optimized drug delivery
Functional excipients that modify the release kinetics of your formulation and for different routes of administration
- Parteck® M DPI: mannitol-based versatile alternative carrier for dry powder inhalation applications
- Parteck® ODT: rapid disintegration and exceptional strength for orally disintegrating tablets
- Parteck® SRP 80: polyvinyl alcohol-based excipient for consistent, sustained drug release of solid oral formulations
Functional excipients that boost the efficacy of your final drug product by enhancing API solubility
- Parteck® MXP: polyvinyl alcohol for hot-melt extrusion, allowing for stable and high drug loads
- Parteck® PLX 188: particle-optimized poloxamer for dissolution rate enhancement and lubrication
- Parteck® SLC: silica drug carrier with a unique surface structure
An extensive portfolio with regulatory support.
Our portfolio for liquid dose formulation offers an extensive range of high-quality excipients for your parenteral, oral, ophthalmic, otic or nasal applications. We provide you with solvents, preservatives, stabilizers, antioxidants and products for pH adjustments. We support you in every step of development, scale-up, and production with services that range from process optimization to regulatory affairs support, providing production according to applicable GMP guidelines.
- Ophthalmic formulations: all excipient groups required for ophthalmic formulation, such as high-quality viscosity enhancers, surfactants, buffers and pH regulation agents, isotonicity adjusting agents as well as antioxidants and preservatives.
- Oral liquids: comprehensive product portfolio covering all oral liquid formulations, including emulsions, suspensions, solutions and syrups
- High-risk formulations: dedicated portfolio of products with specified low endotoxin and bioburden levels addressing high-risk applications and tailored regulatory support
More information on our comprehensive portfolio of excipients for liquid application
Formulation with the process in mind.
Chemicals play an important role in the stabilization of a biologic drug during its manufacturing and formulation process – for instance, by preventing aggregation. We offer a wide range of high-quality stabilizers, buffers and salts to successfully formulate your biomolecules.
Specifically developed for high-risk applications, our buffers, salts and stabilizers are low in bioburden and endotoxins. They are supported by our Emprove® Program and come with extensive documentation, helping you minimize regulatory and quality-associated risks in your biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
In addition, you can take advantage of functionalized PEGs, lipids and biodegradable polymers to formulate advanced drug delivery systems.
- Granulated materials: specifically developed to reduce caking, clumping and process interruptions, their superior handling and processability facilitate the manufacturing of liquid formulations.
- Viscosity Reduction Platform: the platform of excipient combinations enables subcutaneous formulation of highly concentrated protein biologics, bringing together increased concentrations and maintained protein stability.
- Synthetic lipids for pharmaceutical applications, gene therapy and mRNA lipid nanoparticle formulation development: tailored manufacturing of top-quality GMP lipids as well as an off-the-shelf offer of lipids with optimized stability, solubility, and handling characteristics
- Biodegradable polymer platform for sustained release of biologics: polymer technology for injectable sustained release of large peptides and proteins, complemented with manufacturing, process development, and formulation services
- Functionalized PEGs: customized and standard high-quality products for PEGylation of therapeutic proteins
The Emprove® Program
Your fast track through regulatory challenges.
Ensuring the compliance of your pharma and biopharma products involves the compilation of a vast amount of data, which can be time- and resource-intensive. In order to facilitate and accelerate this process, we developed our Emprove® Program.
This covers over 400 raw and starting materials, 30 filter and single-use product families, as well as selected chromatography resins and cell culture media. Each product portfolio is supported with Emprove® Dossiers which provide comprehensive, up-to-date documentation to help you navigate regulatory challenges, manage risks, and improve your manufacturing processes.
Find out more at: www.merckmillipore.com/emprove
MilliporeSigma is the U.S. and Canada Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Merck, the Vibrant M, SAFC, Emprove and Parteck are trademarks of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Detailed information on trademarks is available via publicly accessible resources.
© 2022 Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.