Matrix Sustained Release Applications
CompactCel® SR – See the video on the concept and advantages of Biogrund´s one-step matrix agent
- Retardation. For a sustained release profile of the drug.
- Forms a reliable gel film through which the active ingredient permanently diffuses.
- Depending on the active ingredient (easily or poorly soluble), the gelation and thus the release profile can be adjusted.
- Application is suitable for dry and wet granulation.
- Fine, micronized and homogeneous dry trituration of HPMC & NaCMC.
- Recommended dosage for tablet formulations: 10 – 30 %.
BIOGRUND’s one-step matrix agent CompactCel® SR provides an easy-to-use compound which controls the sustained release of active ingredients.
CompactCel® SR forms a gel, through which the active ingredient diffuses. The use of NaCMC accelerates the gel-forming process, so the initial drug release is reduced. The diffusion rate is affected by the cellulose ethers that are used. Mixtures with high viscous compounds form a hard gel; mixtures with low viscous compounds form a light gel, so the drug release rate can be easily adjusted.
CompactCel® SR can be used for direct compression and wet granulation. For direct compression, the active ingredient, excipients and CompactCel® SR should be mixed together in one step. For wet granulation, the active ingredient should be granulated first and then the granule (<400 µm) can easily be mixed with CompactCel® SR. BIOGRUND recommends using 10–30% within the tablet formulation.
Interested in the presentation? Download as PDF BIOGRUND – CompactCel SR